BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Once you have booked your stay we will ask for a minimum deposit of the cost of the first night’s accommodation. The balance is due on checking out.
- When we take your booking and we have received the required deposit to secure the booking, a legally binding contract exists between us that are non-cancellable and non-refundable, except in exceptional circumstances. You may still remain liable to pay in full or in part for the booking, even if you are unable to take your holiday. Even where you have not paid in full at the time of cancellation, you will remain liable for the full cost.
- If you need to cancel please contact us immediately so that we can attempt to re-let your room and minimise your loss. You should take out cancellation insurance to protect you against possible loss.
- We will allow you to cancel your booking without penalty up to 14 days before your booking; the cancellation should be by phone or email. We will acknowledge receipt of your cancellation by return. Please do not consider your booking cancelled until you receive our confirmation. If you do not cancel, but you fail to arrive for your stay with us, you agree that the sum due for your first night’s stay will be payable.
- Less than 14 days cancellation the deposit is non-refundable. Unless we can re-let the room (we will do the upmost to re-let the room), minus a £5.00 administration fee. Full payment will be due for early departure.
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate guests in the room of their choice, on rare occasions it may be necessary to move guests into an alternative room. When this occurs we will give advance notice wherever possible.
- We would only cancel your booking if our guest accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would attempt to find you alternative accommodation & would refund all monies paid by you. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund.
- We do not accept any liability for any damage, loss or injury to any member of your party or any vehicles or possessions, unless proven to be caused by a negligent act by ourselves.
- Please take care with our accommodation. You are responsible & liable for any breakages or damages which you cause to the accommodation or its contents. Please report these as soon as they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may charge you for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant.
- For the comfort of guests, Brookdale B&B is a non-smoking establishment. The front garden is available for guests to use.
- Guests who ignore this policy will be charged the cost of an additional night’s accommodation to allow the room to air.
- Any data gathered during the course of this booking may be held on computer.
- We do accommodate children in our family room; please call Debbie or Chris for children’s rate reductions which will be dependent on age. Our double en-suite rooms can only accommodate 2 people. Children may share a double room with one parent or may stay in a separate room if they are aged 12 or over. Our Family room has 1 double room and 1 twin room with interconnecting en-suite.
- For the comfort of all guests Brookdale B&B is a pet free establishment.
Our business ethic & environmental policy…
We believe that our key impacts on the environment are energy use, waste management and emissions to air.
We comply with and keep up to date with all legislation and regulatory obligations and duties of care covering our operation.
We are committed to ensuring you enjoy your stay & that you leave us wanting to return. We both believe that the highest level of customer service, a friendly reception & high quality products are the very least that our guests deserve.
We’re keen to support the local community & want to help preserve the environment. We always use local produce wherever possible. After much thought we’ve decided, that faced with a choice of local produce or organic produce from elsewhere, we opt for local free range sources. We want to support the local economy & we see little environmental benefit in buying organic produce that has incurred high transport mileage.
We hope you might take some comfort from knowing that we do all we can to minimise the environmental impact of your visit:
- Our meat comes from local sources.
- Where possible we support local suppliers & help the environment by reducing transit emissions and walk to the shops where possible to minimize emissions, whilst providing you with the highest quality products.
- Where we do use imported produce we opt for Fair Trade brands where available.
- Where hygiene standards allow, all cleaning and washing products are ecologically sound & are not based on petro chemical materials.
- Unless you request otherwise, we will change your bedding & towels after four nights in order to reduce our water consumption.
- We’re careful about the products we buy to run our business. We aim to reduce the amount of inherent waste we buy (packing etc.), re-use what we can & recycle as much as possible, such plastic, paper, cardboard, glass and green waste.
- Some of our electricity comes from renewable sources. All rooms have energy saving blubs. Please make sure that the TV is turned off at the plug when not in use. All of our fridges, dishwashers and central heating/water boiler are energy efficient. Our EPC is shown below and can be downloaded using the link – EPC Energy Performance Certificate.
- Rainwater is used to water the gardens.
- Food waste is composted on-site.
All rooms have tea/coffee making facilities, hair dryers, clock radios, flat screen freeview televisions, Wi-Fi broadband, central heating, towels included, electric shaver point; all rooms are en-suite, additional heaters or fans available, iron and board available.
The flat screen TV in the family room has a built in DVD player.